For at least a year now, I have wanted to do Nursing. I have been fascinated by the human body since joining track Junior year. I love the idea of having a job where I can be social and talk to/meet new people. I love the job security in it. And I really really wanted to get it so I could go on humanitarian trips around the world (travel :)) and provide care to those who never get it.However, after much thought throughout the past 3 months, something my Dad recommended in a talk over Christmas break kept coming back to me- Marketing. But I kind of blew it off at the time. I wanted to be a nurse, and besides, he's got to be somewhat bias because he works in an office, right?? Eventually, it got to the point where I knew Nursing wasn't what I should be doing. So today I called him, and discussed it with him. It's official- I'm changing my major.
I am going to major in Business (either Marketing or Organizational Behavior/HR). I like it because I will not have to constantly renew my license to get a job. I have professional job experience- the only jobs I've ever held have been in my Dad's office, and helping with my Mom's job. I didn't start my jobs in a food place like so many of my peers- I started in a corporate office. I like to dress up. I LOVE making presentations. I loved being in debate. I know how to be professional, and I am familiar in that kind of work place. Plus, I feel like I could do better in a lower-stress environment (compared to being in a hospital), and the work is so much more straight-up than I have found Nursing to be. Plus the time commitment is not as intimidating.So there ya go. I'm going to apply to the Business School in a year or so. I'm bummed I have to take math and econ again (ew :P) But it will be worth it, and I feel so much more comfortable going in this direction! :)
**By the way, this only lasted like a week. I looked into business and stuff and ended up thinking about it, and wanting to go the nursing route anyways soon after :P**
No comments:
Post a Comment