Monday, November 5, 2012






This is a picture of me getting off the airplane in Denver for a surprise trip! I kind of forgot to take a picture in the airport and on the flight, so this is just a picture I took as I was walking up the ramp from the plane to the airport :)

Let me explain.

Sunday (yesterday,) before church, I had an interview with my bishop- the last interview with him to get an interview with my Stake President, then submit my mission papers to the church!

I walk in to his office and chat with him for a bit. Then he says, "So, Hayley, I've got some bad news."

"Bad news?" This statement made me a little nervous. I was more than eager to finally get my papers turned in after a couple weeks of working on them (which in fact, was a couple weeks too many!).

"Well," he said, "It's kind of a good problem to have..." My bishop then explained to me that as of Saturday (the day before this interview took place), the stake had about 200 missionary applications waiting for the Stake President to go through and interview for. The Stake President is the only man able to take care of these interviews. Being a working man, he could commit to completing 20 missionary applications a week. Do the math. It would take at least 10 weeks for me to get an interview with the Stake President.... I won't even be in the ward in 10 weeks! My contract expires in
6! And that doesn't even count the idea of just having to wait. Not for my call, but for the interview to then get my call :P Awesome...

Then my bishop proposed an idea. He suggested that I just complete my papers through my home ward. He recognized how eager I was to get them turned in, and he knew that the better route for me to take would be to go through my Highlands Ranch Stake. Genius! I then proceeded to coordinate with my parentals. In the matter of like thirty minutes (maybe even twenty), my parents had talked to both Bishop Gibb and President Walker, coordinated an appointment, prepared to have my records switched back to Denver for like a day, and my Mom had scheduled me a flight to go out to Denver for a day to get the papers finished. I was on a plane the next day (today).

It's time to finally get these suckers finished up and sent in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment