Sunday, November 4, 2012
I am a responsible citizen of the United States of America! I filled out my mail-in ballot, and it is ready to be sent tomorrow morning!
I voted for Romney... sadly, Obama won. But hey, that's what's great about our nation- we can vote. We have that freedom, security, and therefore, responsibility. The wonderful thing about both of the candidates in the race for the Presidency is that they both want what is best for America.
I may not like Obama, but he is now the President of the United States, and it is my responsibility and privilege to support him in that. It is my firm belief that the Founding Fathers never meant for politics to divide our country. Instead, I believe they wanted it to improve our country. The hatred and frustration that I hear stemming from politics is sad and rather unnecessary. While we may be divided in beliefs and parties (Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian, etc), we are still one nation. One diverse, unique and therefore beautiful nation, together. Under God. While Obama is the President, it is even more important to remember that God is the ultimate King. We are in good hands.
I am proud to be an American.
I thank God for all who sacrifice, and have sacrificed, for me to have what I have today.
Freedom doesn't come free.
I am deeply indebted to those who were more than willing to make that sacrifice for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment