Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday tends to be an exciting day in the freshman dorms, because that's usually the day that the guys get their mission calls! Today, there were 3!

The first one was Chase Lewis (in the grey shirt). He got called to serve in the Sydney, Australia Mission, speaking Mandarin Chinese!

This one here is Scott Clawson. He got called to serve in the Korea Seoul Mission!

And this last one, I couldn't make it to, so this picture was taken a couple days later. But this is one of my favoritest people! We have been buddies since the summer, and I love it when I get to see him! But he got called today to the Honduras Comayaguela Mission, speaking Spanish!

I am so proud of these (and MANY other) guys out there serving missions!! It is a huge sacrifice to commit 2 years to the Lord, but it is a huge learning experience and blessing. They are going all over the world to learn the language and teach the people of God, and the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I can't wait to serve my own mission!!

And, since we're on the subject, here are some missionaries I know and love who are already serving :)

This is Elder Tanner Johns! We met over the summer :) He was called to serve in the Tampico Mexico Mission, Spanish speaking. He left this past December and is doing great! He actually served for a few weeks in the Nashville Tennesee Mission, Spanish speaking, after he got out of the MTC cause he was waiting for his Visa. But he got it all taken care of last week, and is now serving in Mexico! I can't wait to hear back from him :)

This is Elder Dean Patten. Also probably one of my favoritest people- I absolutely adore him! He serves in the Russia Novosibirsk Mission, and has been since the end of September. He is doing wonderfully! I really look forward to my letters from him, but it takes a couple months to get letters back and forth in Russia! He is freezing, but his humorous and optimistic personality is definitely serving him very well :)

And last but not least, my favorite missionary (if I'm allowed to have favorites :P) is the guy on the right, my very best friend, Elder David Bell! He is serving in the Bolivia Cochabamba mission, Spanish speaking. He left the end of this past December. I am so proud of him- he is doing an amazing job, and is absolutely loving every single minute of his experience, whether good or bad :) I love getting his letters too!

These young men are so amazing, I am so proud of them, and lucky to know them! They are 19, and leaving everything behind (family, friends, relationships, school, work, etc) to go out and serve the Lord for two years. They are called by God to go to a mission, almost anywhere around the world! They go to an MTC (Missionary Training Center) for a certain amount of time, then are sent to their mission to serve the people and immerse themselves in the culture, and work of the Lord. They are bringing people to Christ. It truly is an incredible opportunity, and I support everyone who chooses to go on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment