I got burned... really bad.... at the pool yesterday. So, I picked up some Aloe Vera on my way home from work! This stuff is miracle goo. It's like liquid gold in my family. It's a definite investment :)
I have been going through my closet the past few days and getting rid of a few things, which is why I got some of that stuff yesterday at the mall! :) But yeah, so it's time to say good bye to this dress. The Mosquito Dress. I've had it for a couple years. I wore it to school once with some lace-up-to-my-knee "Nephite Sandals" for Greek Day during Homecoming week. I bought it at TJ Maxx. It's such a pretty dress, with all the flowers and patterns and designs!
I was sitting there on Greek Day in class, wearing this beauty for the first time when I happen to look down during class... hidden amongst the hippie-esque flowers, I saw this brown bug mosquito thing. Hence, the name... Mosquito Dress! It's a character, I couldn't let it go without writing it down in remembrance for time and all eternity :)
Kori, Ella and Evy came to visit today- they'll be here for the week :) Here is Ella and Papa setting out peanuts to feed the squirrels
Nana and Evy
Ella strikes a pose!
Ella dancing
Evy
Ok this is a funny story :)
Setting: Dinner
Kori- "Ella, did you know Hayley is in college?"
Ella- "College?"
Kori- "Yeah! Like Peter Parker!" (who is Spiderman, for all who have been under a rock for the past few years..) "Peter Parker has a secret identity... Maybe Hayley has a secret identity! You should ask her."
Ella- "Hayley, do you have a secret identity?"
Me- "Yes, I do! Can you guess who I am?"
Ella- "Hmm..... BIRD-GIRL!"
Me- (Bird Girl? That doesn't sound as cool as Spiderman! Oh well.. I'll roll with it) "Shh!! It's a secret identity! Don't tell anyone!"
Ella- whispers "Ok!"
Later, before bed, Ella wanted to draw a picture but needed ideas for what to draw.
Me- "Ella! You should design my new super-suit! My old one got ruined and I want a new design!"
This is what she came up with-
Enter Eli
Me- "Ella, wow this is perfect! I'll give this design to my scientist/butler to make my new costume with!"
Ella gasps, pointing at Eli "Is that him?!"
I, suppressing much laughter, say yes.
I bet none of you guys knew my secret identity was Bird-Girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment