Tuesday, September 25, 2012

 Went up to Salt Lake for my Navy Trip Application!

Temple: It was a lovely overcast day :)


 Church Office Buildings! Going to the seventh floor :)




of course I had to take a picture with the flowers:


Ok I don't know if I've explained this, but I'll explain it for posterity. So every year, the US Navy takes a ship (either the Comfort or the Mercy) out to do a Humanitarian Trip for 5 months every summer. This upcoming trip will be to South America. So for 5 months, this ship will stop at several ports along South America to provide medical care to those that need it. The Navy works with several non-governmental organizations to fill the many volunteer spots they need. I have signed up with LDS Charities. I have volunteered/applied to be a CNA aboard the ship, with a little bit of Spanish-speaking ability. So that is what the interview was for. I really really really really really want to go on this trip. It is awesome! And a family friend (Mindy Gill.... formerly Mindy Daines) went on the trip and had an amazing experience. So I hope I get lucky enough to go! But yeah, that's that :)
 

I got this lovely note from a random guy on my way to work. I didn't realize that my gray and black striped ref uniform brought out my eyes! :P Needless to say, it was strange but nice to get this little note, and I loved the flower :)


 Ultimate! Megan, Katie, Nick, Lindsay, Me, Geoff, Josh, Mindy, Nate, Colin and Chris... Like our orange smiles??


No comments:

Post a Comment