Wednesday, August 22, 2012

 Ok Story Time! :)

So here's the thing- I wear 3 rings, every day. On my right thumb, I have a CTR ring that matches my best friend's, which he found randomly chillin in his room when he moved out at the end of summer. On my right middle finger, I have a really pretty sparkly vine-looking ring that I originally wore to Jr Prom. On my left pointer finger, I wear this ring:


It's a sterling silver ring that my Nana and Papa got the grandkids from their mission to Lebanon a couple years ago. It was made by one of their very good friends, and I absolutely adore it. Last night (Tuesday night), it was my second-to-last shift at Gap. My job was to do replenishment, which means I went pretty much everywhere in the store, restocking items on the floor. After work, I got home and realized that my Lebanese ring was missing! I was pretty bummed out about it. Wednesday at my day job, I was thinking about it, and the more I thought about it, the more upset I got about loosing my ring. I just loved it- it had sentimental value to me, and now my hands looked lopsided without it :P I decided that when I was at work, I would do my best to find it.

I went to work at Gap that night and looked everywhere for the ring. Everywhere. I even spent my whole break on my hands and knees in the back looking for it on the floor. It wasn't anywhere. And it was my last shift at Gap- I was moving down to Provo the next day! I made a little sign with a picture of the ring and posted it in the break-room, hoping someone might find it a few days later. With an hour left in my shift, I was just getting really upset about loosing it and not being able to find it. So I said a little prayer- I just told my Heavenly Father that that ring was really important to me, and I had done everything I could to find it with no success. If He needed it for some other reason, that was fine with me. But if not, I asked Him to help me find it.

Just as the store closed, I was walking to the back room. And I happen to look over my shoulder at a random rack of clothes. And there, on the floor, was my ring :) In the Kids Section, of all places. Nothing survives in the Kids Section! I was absolutely ecstatic. I did a little dance right there in the store :) God hears prayers. Even little ones about tiny insignificant rings that we just find very important to us.

On another note.... I finally got everything moved out of my room! Ah! It's empty!


No comments:

Post a Comment